Now that one practice is in the books for the Indianapolis Colts, that means now is the time to start predicting stats for the upcoming season, right? You bet it is!
On Wednesday’s edition of the Fan Midday Show with Brian Noe and Eddie Garrison, a voice familiar to many this summer on 93.5/107.5 The Fan in James Boyd of The Athletic joined the program.
Just for comparison, FanDuel Sportsbook has released props for some of the Colts players.
- Jonathan Taylor 1,200.5 rushing yards (-112/-112) | 8.5 rushing TD’s (-108/-118)
- Michael Pittman Jr. 800.5 receiving yards (-112/-112)
- James Boyd’s Prediction – 2,200 passing yards| 20 total touchdowns | 13 interceptions
- Eddie Garrison’s Prediction – 2,300 passing yards | 20 total touchdowns | 15 interceptions
- Brian Noe’s Prediction – 2,100 passing yards | 15 total touchdowns | 14 interceptions
“I think they are going to be very very run heavy and very very old school in that sense because he doesn’t have it all together just now. Even though he’s good at the deep ball and things like that, the way you keep drives alive is making those intermediate throws, which is kind of what he struggled with all OTA’s and training camp. We didn’t see much of that today because he hardly threw the ball at all, which should be an indication for the future.” Boyd predicted.
- James Boyd’s Prediction – 1,500 rushing yards | 12 rushing touchdowns
- Eddie Garrison’s Prediction – 1,300 rushing yards | 9 rushing touchdowns
- Brian Noe’s Prediction – 1,450 rushing yards | 11 rushing touchdowns
- James Boyd’s Prediction – 500 receiving yards | 3 receiving touchdowns
- Eddie Garrison’s Prediction – 450 receiving yards | 5 receiving touchdowns
- Brian Noe’s Prediction – 401 receiving yards | 4 receiving touchdowns
“I don’t expect a lot of passing touchdowns this year particularly for tight ends or really anybody on the roster just because they are going to be pretty run heavy, I assume.” – James Boyd
Who do you think predicted the most realistic statistics for the three Colts players? Did Vegas set the lines too low for Taylor and Pittman Jr.? Drop a comment with your prediction for each of the Colts players below!
To listen to Brian Noe’s conversation with James Boyd, download the podcast containing the conversation below! You can always listen to the Fan Midday Show from 12pm-3pm on 93.5/107.5 The Fan, but you can watch and interact with the show by going to the 107.5 The Fan YouTube Channel.
Colts Monday Notebook: Waiting Longer For Jonathan Taylor Return?
Funniest College Football Player Names Of 2023
20 Last Place Punishments For Your 2023 Fantasy Football League
5 Things Learned: Behind Historic Kicking Day, Colts Shock Ravens
Colts Wednesday Notebook: Anthony Richardson Returns To Practice
5 Things Learned: Colts Fail To Complete Necessary Comeback Attempt
Colts Wednesday Notebook: Anthony Richardson Misses First Practice Of Week
Anthony Richardson Clears Concussion Protocol