This week on The Fan Midday Show we’ll be talking with a number of drivers preparing for Sunday’s 107th Running of the Indianapolis 500.
Wednesday on The Fan Midday Show featured two different driver perspectives; years of experience vs second time starter hungry to make an impact.
First we spoke with Indy’s own and Butler’s finest Ed Carpenter of Ed Carpenter Racing who will make his 20th Indy 500 start this weekend.
It’s Race Week 🏎️🏁@ButlerMBB 🤝 @ECRIndy #ButlerWay | #ThisIsMay pic.twitter.com/YFr5BedlyA
— Butler Basketball (@ButlerMBB) May 22, 2023
During our conversation Ed talked with us on:
- how life has put things in perspective as he continues to chase his dream of winning the 500
- if he ever thought as a child he could own his own IndyCar team
- what he’s learned the most in throughout his career
- where he can best attack on Sunday to finally capture the Borg-Warner Trophy
- the difference in his day to day work as a driver and as an owner
Then, we caught up with Kyle Kirkwood of Andretti Autosport who is preparing to make his second ever start in the greatest spectacle in racing.
Kyle sits in P14 and is heading back out 💪 #Indy500 pic.twitter.com/ubGaZDfvcN
— Andretti Autosport (@FollowAndretti) May 20, 2023
Over the course of our chat Kyle discussed:
- the differences driving for Andretti Autosport compared to driving with AJ Foyt Racing last year
- how important earning his first career win was last month in the Grand Prix of Long Beach
- what he likes most about his car
- what he learned in his Indy 500 debut last year that will most help him on Sunday
- why people should pick him to win the 107th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Listen to our conversations with both Ed Carpenter and Kyle Kirkwood below and don’t miss The Fan Midday Show, weekdays 12-3pm Eastern, on The Fan.
Gardner Minshew Shares First Impressions Of Anthony Richardson
Colts OTA Notebook Week 1: Anthony Richardson Impresses Shane Steichen
Colts Face Anthony Richardson Playing Time Dilemma
Colts Looking A Lot Different At Cornerback With JuJu Brents
Does Michael Pittman Deserve Contract Extension This Offseason?
Anthony Richardson Faces Major Questions In NFL Transition
Female Drivers in the Indy 500
Is Josh Downs Ideal Complement To Colts Wide Receivers?