For the first time in the history of Pacers Sports and Entertainment and Indiana Fever basketball history, they had the first overall pick in the WNBA. The Fever selected forward Aliyah Boston from South Carolina.
Boston will come to Indianapolis with a very length list of accolades that include:
- 4x Lisa Leslie Award (award for best center in NCAAW)
- 4x SEC First Team (2020-2023)
- 4x SEC Defensive Player of the Year (2020-2023)
- 3x AP First-Team All-American (2021-2023)
- 2x Naismith Defensive Player of the Year (2022, 2023)
- 2x SEC Player of the Year
- 2x Academic All-American of the Year
- Naismith College Player of the Year (2022)
Aliyah goes from a veteran head coach in Dawn Staley to a first-year head coach in Christie Sides. The former assistant coach for the Atlanta Dream spent 2017-2019 on the coaching staff with the Fever underneath Pokey Chatman.
Coach Sides joined the Fan Midday Show on Tuesday afternoon with Scott Agness and Jimmy Cook to explain the process behind selecting Aliyah Boston. Other topics that she discussed with Scott and Jimmy were:
- What about Grace Berger piqued their interest?
- How Erica Wheeler and Kelsey Mitchell will serve as big leaders this season.
- Importance of playing all home games again at Gainbridge Fieldhouse.
To listen to Scott Agness and Jimmy Cook’s full conversations with Christie Sides, download the podcast containing the interview below! You can always listen to the Fan Midday Show from 12pm-3pm on 93.5/107.5 The Fan, but you can watch and interact with the show by going to the 107.5 The Fan YouTube Channel.
Anthony Richardson Faces Major Questions In NFL Transition
Gardner Minshew Shares First Impressions Of Anthony Richardson
Colts OTA Notebook Week 1: Anthony Richardson Impresses Shane Steichen
Colts Looking A Lot Different At Cornerback With JuJu Brents
Does Michael Pittman Deserve Contract Extension This Offseason?
Colts Really Need Second-Year Jump From Bernhard Raimann
Is Josh Downs Ideal Complement To Colts Wide Receivers?
Trackside with Curt Cavin & Kevin Lee