The Shane Steichen Era of the Indianapolis Colts had its first official milestone this week with the start of offseason meetings between players and the first year head coach.
As one would expect, with a new head coach and many new faces on staff, there will be plenty of time spent installing new philosophies and game plans while also spending time getting to know personnel.
Coach Steichen meets the team. pic.twitter.com/ANrlnsebSL
— Indianapolis Colts (@Colts) April 11, 2023
One of the many players excited for this new chapter is Colts defensive end Kwity Paye, who is entering his 3rd season with the team. While the defense did its job for most of last season, Paye and Co. are aware that there is still plenty of room for growth and improvement.
The obvious issues with the team reside on the offensive side of the ball, particularly at the position of quarterback, but a step back for Gus Bradley’s group would be unfortunate to say the very least.
Another leap forward in Year 3 for Kwity Paye would go a long way to making this defense a true threat within the AFC. We can discuss all we want the need for a franchise QB, but with other established stars at that position in the conference, (and a rising star in the division), they’ll need weapons like Paye to rise to the occasion if they have any hope of catching up.
Notable (young) contributors for the foreseeable future (per PFF):
– Kwity Paye upped his sack total from his rookie year (4) to 6 in ‘22 despite missing 5 games + 34 pressures
– Dayo Odeyingbo bursted onto the scene in his sophomore campaign with 6 sacks & 25 total pressures pic.twitter.com/JknZbvl8e3
— Noah Compton (@nerlens_) April 10, 2023
Thursday on The Fan Midday Show Kwity Paye stopped by to take us through his offseason to this point and share initial impressions of new head coach Shane Steichen.
Plus, Kwity spoke with us about:
- how much time he gave his body to recover after the 2022 campaign
- the impact his mother has had on his journey and how their lives have changed since he arrived in the NFL
- which parts of his game he’s most focused on improving this offseason
- the differences in his approach to Year 3 versus his previous two seasons
- what the first meetings with Coach Steichen have been like
- the best advice he would give to prospects in the 2023 NFL Draft
Check out the full conversation with Kwity Paye below and keep listening to The Fan Midday Show, weekdays 12-3pm Eastern, on 93.5 & 107.5 The Fan.
Colts Monday Notebook: Waiting Longer For Jonathan Taylor Return?
Funniest College Football Player Names Of 2023
20 Last Place Punishments For Your 2023 Fantasy Football League
5 Things Learned: Behind Historic Kicking Day, Colts Shock Ravens
5 Things Learned: Colts Fail To Complete Necessary Comeback Attempt
Colts Wednesday Notebook: Anthony Richardson Returns To Practice
Jonathan Taylor’s Return Is Surprising, And Much Needed
Anthony Richardson Clears Concussion Protocol