THE FAN AND JACK DANIELS 2023 SMALL BALL TOURNAMENT
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE A PARTICIPANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Fan and Jack Daniels 2023 Small Ball Tournament (“Contest”) will begin on Thursday, March 23, 2023 and end on Thursday, March 30, 2023 (“Contest Period”). This Contest will be conducted entirely in person and on location. Four (4) qualifying winners will each be awarded a Jack Daniels prize pack valued at Three Hundred Forty Dollars (ARV $340) (“Qualifying Prize”) and the opportunity to compete in the Finals for a chance win the grand prize. One (1) grand prize winner will receive a check in the amount of One Thousand Dollars (ARV $1,000) (“Grand Prize”). See below for further details.
HOW TO ENTER / EXECUTION:
Listeners of WIBC-HD2 (“Station”) who are legal residents of the United States residing within the Indianapolis, Indiana metropolitan area, and are 21 years of age and older at the time of Contest will be able to take part. To participate in the Contest, listeners must do the following:
1. Participants must appear in person at one of the following three Qualifying Events, each held at a different location (“Venue” or “Venues”):
- Thursday, March 23, 2023 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM, to be held at All Stars Sports Lounge & Grill, located at 5648 Georgetown Rd., Indianapolis, IN 46254 (“Qualifying Event #1).
- Friday, March 24, 2023 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM, to be held at Broad Ripple Tavern located at 745 Broad Ripple Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46220 (“Qualifying Event #2).
- Friday, March 30, 2023 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM, to held at The District Tap, located at 3720 E. 82nd St., Indianapolis, IN 46240 (Qualifying Event #3).
2. One (1) winner each will be selected in Qualifying Events #1 and #2 and two (2) winners will be selected in Qualifying Event #3 for a total of four (4) Qualifying Winners.
3. Upon arriving at the Venue, participants must locate the on-site Station personnel and announce their intention to compete in the Qualifying Event.
4. Entrants must be in line by 7:50 PM to participate.
5. Entrants must follow the instructions of Station staff to complete one (1) round of Small Ball (a/k/a Pop-A-Shot). Contestants will have three balls and a thirty (30) second time limit to score as many points as possible, as recorded by the Pop-A-Shot machine. Additional time will be awarded if Contestant scores 30 points or more before the original time expires. At the conclusion of the round, Station staff will record the contestants name and score.
6. If time permits, as determined at the sole discretion of Station staff, all contestants at each Qualifying Event will have the option to play a second round. Contestants may keep the higher of their two scores. Any contestants who are no longer present at the Venue at the time Station staff determine whether a second round is possible will be considered to have forfeited their opportunity to play a second round.
7. In the event of a tie, the tied contestants will participate in an additional round or rounds, as necessary. Upon the completion of the first round that does not result in a tie, the player with the highest score will be the winner.
8. At the conclusion of the Qualifying Event, Station staff will announce the winner(s) based on highest score(s) and award the Qualifying Prize.
9. The four Qualifying Winners will have the opportunity to participate in the Finals, to be held at The District Tap immediately following Qualifying Event #3. If any Qualifying Winner is unable or unwilling to be present at the Venue for the Finals, they will forfeit their opportunity to compete for the grand prize and Station staff will select alternate Finals contestants from among eligible entrants in Qualifying Event #3, based on highest score.
10. The Finals will be seeded as follows: In the first round, the Qualifying Winner with the highest score will play against the Qualifying Winner with the lowest score. The Qualifying Winner with the second and third highest scores will play against each other.
11. In the event multiple Qualifying Winners have the same score from the Qualifying Event(s), Station staff will determine seeding by random drawing.
12. The two first round winners will face each other in the Championship Round. The Championship Round winner will be awarded the grand prize.
13. Winners must provide valid identification (e.g. via valid state-issued driver’s license, passport or other government-issued I.D. containing the person’s name, date of birth, and photograph) and a completed W9 form to claim the prize. Identification documents must match information previously provided to the Station.
14. Prizes will be awarded only upon winner verification and final approval by the Station.
15. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Station management which will be final and binding in all matters pertaining to this Contest.
1. The Contest is open to listeners of the Station who are legal residents of the United States residing within the Indianapolis, Indiana metropolitan area and are 21 years of age and older as of the commencement date of the Contest.
2. Employees of the Station, Radio One of Indiana, L.P. (“Company”), its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, advertisers, competitors, promotional partners, other radio stations in the Indianapolis, IN metropolitan area, and members of the immediate families or those living in the same households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Contest. For purposes of this Contest, immediate family members mean spouses, parents, grandparents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses.
3. Unless otherwise specified, participants may only win one (1) qualifying prize and one (1) grand prize during this Contest.
4. Persons who have won a prize in another contest or promotion of any kind from the Station within the thirty (30) day period immediately preceding the start date of this Contest are not eligible to participate. Only one person per family or household (whether related or not) may win in any promotion from the Station during any thirty (30) day period.
The following Qualifying Prize elements will be awarded:
- The opportunity to compete in the Finals.
- One (1) Jack Daniels prize package consisting of one (1) cuff beanie, valued at Fifteen Dollars (ARV $15); one (1) Bang & Olufson Wireless Speaker ERP, valued at Two Hundred Fifty Dollars (ARV $250); and one (1) Carharrt Cooler Backpack valued at Seventy-Five Dollars (ARV $75) (Total ARV $340).
One Grand Prize winner will be awarded the following:
- A personal check in the amount of One Thousand Dollars (ARV $1,000).
1. Transportation to and from the event venues, meals, beverages, souvenirs, and incidentals are the responsibility of the winner and his or her guest.
2. Unless otherwise provided, all cash prizes won will be awarded in the form of a check. Winners will be notified when their prize check is available for pick up at the station offices. Check will be available approximately four to six weeks following the conclusion of the Contest.
3. Gift cards are subject to terms and conditions as specified by issuer.
4. To the extent that prize elements are provided by third-party providers, winner agrees to look solely to applicable prize providers with respect to any claims, losses, or disputes in connection therewith.
5. Dates and times of concerts, events, trips, and activities promoted by event sponsors are subject to change and those changes are deemed to be beyond the control of the Station. Changes of venue, cancellation of engagements by performing artists, and/or their management may be permanent in nature. The Station is not responsible for replacing tickets in the event of show cancellations as a result of weather, promoter or performer. The Station is not obligated to make any effort to find an alternative prize under these circumstances.
6. The prizes may only be claimed by the actual winner. Friends and family members are not eligible to claim the prize on behalf of the winner.
7. No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by Station management and/or any sponsor in its sole discretion. The Station reserves the right to substitute an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize element is unavailable.
8. All Contest winners must sign and date official Station release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the prize.
9. The Station, the Company, and its affiliates and promotional partners shall not be liable for any claims made by ineligible entrants.
10. If for any reason a Contest winner decides not to accept the prize awarded, the winner may be required to sign a release form acknowledging forfeiture of the prize. It will be at the discretion of the Contest administrator and / or Contest sponsor if another entrant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
11. In the event any winner is found to be in violation of these Official Rules or is otherwise determined by the Station, in its sole discretion to be ineligible, he/she may be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse the Station and / or any sponsor for the stated value of the prize if such a violation is found after the prize has been used by the winner.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
1. Due to the ongoing threat of COVID-19, certain events, venues, and/or governmental authorities may have health and safety protocols in place. By participating, participants agree to adhere to all applicable health and safety protocols, including but not limited to: mask or facial covering requirements, social distancing, proof of vaccination against COVID-19, or proof of a negative COVID-19 test. Failure to adhere to all applicable health and safety protocols may result in denial of entry or being asked to leave the event.
2. Health and safety protocols are subject to change without notice. Participants are responsible for informing themselves about the current status of all applicable health and safety protocols at the time of the event.
3. Station, Company, prize providers, and any other Contest parties are not responsible for substituting prizing should participants or winner(s) fail to comply with applicable health and safety requirements.
1. Winners are responsible for payment of all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize.
2. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
3. No purchase necessary. Contest is void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entrants participating during the Contest Period.
5. By participating in the Contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Contest, each participant agrees to comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of Station management which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Contest.
6. All Contest winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold the Station, the Company, any other Contest parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Contest participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
7. The Station retains the right to disqualify any entrant if all Contest rules are not followed. Contest void if prohibited by law.
8. So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, the Station reserves the right to make changes in these Contest rules, which will become effective upon being announced on the air and / or posted online.
9. The Station, the Company, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any entrant to complete or continue a telephone call, internet registration or text entry due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, including any injury or damage to any computer arising from or relating to participation in this Contest. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries, and may subject that entrant to disqualification.
10. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that the Station and the Company have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
11. The Station, the Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors and promotional partners will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the Contest, including cancellation of the Contest as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of the Station, the Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event such an act should occur, the Station may in its sole discretion, offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the Station in lieu of the prize originally awarded.
12. If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, an insufficient number of qualified Contest entries, or any other causes beyond the Station and the Company’s, control which, in the Station and the Company’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, the Station and the Company reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest at their sole discretion.
13. Copies of Contest rules are available upon request during regular business hours, Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., in the offices of the Station, located at 40 Monument Circle, Suite 600 Indianapolis, IN 46204.
CHOICE OF LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant, Station and Company in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Indiana, USA.
Top 20 College Athletes With The Highest NIL Valuations
Funniest College Football Player Names Of 2023
Adam Sandler Plays Pick-Up in Indy Before Show
Colts Notebook: Shane Steichen Talks Release Of Shaquille Leonard
Colts Cut Shaquille Leonard
Why Release Shaq Leonard Now?
20 Last Place Punishments For Your 2023 Fantasy Football League
5 Things Learned: Colts Finally Close Out Home Win