There’s only so much you can glean from an NFL preseason game, especially when it comes to drawing any long-term conclusions to what will be a team’s starting 22 players. But the Colts preseason opener against the Buffalo Bills did at least offer a first glimpse at Matt Ryan and the first-team cast around him (minus Jonathan Taylor) and it left a lot to be desired. Dropped passes by the young wide receiver group, sloppy play, an underwhelming tight end group making the alarm bells grow louder and some disappointing line play. On Monday’s edition of Kevin & Query, the guys were joined by former Colts offensive lineman and current radio color commentator Joe Reitz, to get his thoughts on what he saw Saturday afternoon. There was plenty to dive into as the guys touched on:
- Who stepped up or took a step back
- Frank Reich changing his approach to the pre-season
- Comfortability with the young WR group going forward
- AFC teams ahead of the Colts
- What to expect in the joint practices with the Detroit Lions
- And more
For the full interview, click the link below and be sure to listen to Kevin & Query every weekday morning from 7-10 on 93.5 & 107.5 The Fan!