Indianapolis – The NBA Regular Season concluded on Sunday, meaning the offseason rumor mill was off and running. After a disappointing first season with the Los Angeles Lakers, it was only a matter of time before Russell Westbrook’s name would be discussed in trade talks.
The Athletics’ Shams Charania got things started off with a bang with an article linking the Pacers to the Former NBA MVP.
Rival executives believe the Pacers could emerge as a potential suitor for Russell Westbrook, per @ShamsCharania.
Teams expect Indiana to be open to trade conversations around Malcolm Brogdon and Buddy Hield this offseason.
— The Athletic (@TheAthletic) April 11, 2022
On his show Monday, 93.5 & 107.5 The Fan Afternoon host JMV devoted a portion of his show to talk about the pros and cons of bringing in Westbrook in a potential Westbrook for Malcolm Brogdon & Buddy Hield trade.
- Former MVP would add excitement for fanbase that ranked last in home attendance for the 2021-22 season
- Only 1 year left on his contract
- Would add draft picks for future
- Clears up playing time for Haliburton, Duarte, and potential draft picks by unloading Brogdon & Hield
- Poor basketball fit with Haliburton
- 33 years old on the backside of his prime
- Liability on defense
- Set in his style of play
To hear JMV’s full thoughts on the trade, including call in reaction to whether or not it’s worth it to bring in the 9x All-Star, listen to the full podcast below!